Monday, August 14, 2017

Barbara Hershey


Barbara Hershey is one of America's strongest and most underrated actresses.

INSIDIOUS (and the films that followed) and BLACK SWAN have kept her before movie goers at a time when most of her peers struggle to get work.  Now she's going to be joining THE X-FILES for its 10 episode second special season.

I will be watching.

Her performance in TIN MEN is a classic.  She's wonderful as Leigh in HANNAH AND HER SISTERS.  I love her opposite Keanu Reeves and Peter Falk in TUNE IN TOMORROW.  Her work in SHY PEOPLE, THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST, THE STUNT MAN, THE PORTRAIT OF A LADY, A DANGEROUS WOMAN and BEACHES -- she's done every genre and she's excelled in them all.

I'm not going to quote Ava and C.I.'s "Media: Truth is hard in thoughtless times" tonight.  I'll do so tomorrow.  Right now, I just want you to read it.  They explain why the overly praised SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE did not, in fact, have a good season.